#172573  by RonTom
 Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 pm
Sorry, the answer is probably in the forum but I haven't been able to sift it out

Our Mercedes Sprinter campervan needs an EWOF while we are travelling around (currently in Nelson area)

Does that need to be done by someone on the NZMCA approved inspector list or do others do it too?

What sort of business am I looking for for this? Electrician? Auto Electrician? NZTA? Who does it?

What ballpark price should it be (if repairs not required)?

Many thanks

 #172574  by Mark
 Mon May 03, 2021 11:22 pm
The inspection has to be done by an Electrical Inspector.
While some smaller electricians may have the required qualifications, most of the larger electrical firms would have an inspector on their books. They do not have to be approved by the NZMCA.
Prices will vary. I paid $178 last year but think that was a bit higher than most charge.
 #172575  by scubadoo
 Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 pm
We renewed our EWOF about a month ago.

Sun Electrical, Mapua. 25km from Nelson. $70
Super friendly and efficient service from Tony.
 #172587  by johnny
 Tue May 04, 2021 5:39 pm
Many districts have self-containment days advertised and they
may also offer access to an EWOF. at the same venue.
 #172589  by RonTom
 Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Thanks for the answers - I tried Sun Electrical but sadly he is working in Golden Bay this week so I will miss him
 #172590  by MG366
 Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm
Try contacting Moutere Caravans 035432668 and see who they use. Or the local lines company may be able assist.. They provided the best service and price, $80, for mine last year. (a tad further south tho in Oamaru)

Sent from my CPH1943 using Tapatalk

Pay with Paymate Express