#156014  by scubadoo
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:27 am
Ours is mounted below the Votronic battery monitor attached with double side tape on the top surface. I removed the side "wings" and the supply lead is routed via the back plate purely for aesthetics.
Another head unit is mounted up front for monitoring while driving.
I added 3 1A diodes is series with the positive feed so that the supplied voltage is nearer 11V during normal operation. It draws 48mA at our preferred brightness setting.
The blue illuminated voltmeter is reading the under load voltage on our lounge feeds.
Attachments
juntek101.jpg
 #156450  by NeilV
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 pm
So I finally managed to make the time (and suffer the family having no wifi :lol: ) to install my Juntek monitor.
Only quibble so far (15mins in) is that it seems to show the amps with a negative dash while charging?
Volta and amps match the MT50 on by 40A tracer solar controller, so either I connected it wrongly (though matching the supplied diagram) or it’ll sort itself out once it calibrates?
Attachments
D007765D-FA84-4D73-B401-EE0D7F4CE367.jpeg
 #156451  by Gadget
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 pm
NeilV wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 pm
show the amps with a negative dash while charging?
Yes that's how mine displays too - positive value is a current draw, negative is a charge. I actually don't mind - pretty easy to see if you're in charge or not by the presence of the negative sign rather than looking for another icon etc. Just something different I guess!

Also worth noting that (as far as I'm aware) it doesn't 'self-calibrate'. It's calibrated from the factory and it's possible to re-calibrate manually if required.
 #156457  by NeilV
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:55 pm
Cheers :TU

So if I set It at 100% when the batteries are at my 90% SoC target (26.6v) it’ll just take the AH from there and not worry if it’s occasionally ‘boosted’ a little past that?
 #156458  by Neddy
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Every time the battery is charged beyond any nominal "100%" setting, it will raise the 100% point to that level, and begin counting down from a new (higher) level. Setting it to 100% when it is really only at, say, 90%, won't fool it for long.

The current calibration of the monitor should be checked and if need be, re-set to zero when no current is flowing into or out of the battery.
 #156466  by Mark
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:19 pm
Is anybody else experiencing the monitor - from time to time - losing its wireless connection to the sender?
Haven't actually timed it but my guess is that mine is without a signal about 50% of the time.
It's only about 2m between the units, but that is obliquely through a wall, a glass shower door and a ply floor.
 #156468  by NeilV
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:10 pm
I've been experimenting with the wireless head unit to discover the best positioning (Absolutely LOVE that it can take power from any of my USB sockets and then 'just work'!) and the only time I couldn't manage to get a signal was 6m back when the path went through the fridge, shower, boys bunks AND a cupboard of clothes...
 #156476  by scubadoo
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 pm
I have 2 head units.
One is wall mounted about 2m above the house stairwell mounted sender with only the thin fibreglass step and 15mm of wood in between. The other is dash mounted about 3.5m from the sender with the side fibreglass and timber stairwell wall, wardrobe floor and walls, part of the bathroom, passenger seat, etc. attenuating the signal. 100% consistent readings with no observed dropouts.
If the dash unit is moved a further 0.5m away or a little lower the signal lost completely perhaps having to contend with a few more obstacles in between.

It may be worth trying a different comms channel. Instructions in the manual.
Pay with Paymate Express