#156481  by Mark
 Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:59 am
scubadoo wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 pm

It may be worth trying a different comms channel. Instructions in the manual.
Good idea, Neville. I'll try that sometime.
 #156513  by Mark
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:44 pm
I'm wondering if I may just have the "pocket edition" of the user manual ....
The menu on my device shows only the options from NCP down to ADR. Pressing the down arrow to try to see further down the list does nothing.
How do you access the FCH option in order to try different comms channels?

Also, I can find no instructions on how the setting of these work: does changing to a different channel on the monitor also instruct the sender to use the corresponding channel?

Is there a more complete manual that is accessible on the internet - or are you just blessed with more electronic intuition than I am?
 #156517  by Gadget
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:36 pm
Hi Mark - I found this PDF guide [link] which was much better than the chinglish one the unit came with.

The additional options (calibration off the top of the menu, and channel, brightness off the bottom) aren't overly intuitive to get to - but if you hold the 'down' button down for 5 seconds and then release it (this unlocks the extra options), then tap it again to actually move down to the option(s) - the list on the screen scrolls to show the new options as you move.
 #156519  by scubadoo
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:24 pm
And this manual - Link
Comprehensive setup -Youtube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS3-JmyT-pY

Channel and address adjustments should be made with the USB cable connected between the sender and head unit.
 #156521  by Mark
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:15 pm
Thanks Ben and Neville.
Makes you wonder why Juntek do not provide those links with the device :roll:
Very helpful.
Not sure if I can connect a USB cable between the two parts of mine without uninstalling. We'll see.
 #156575  by Mark
 Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 pm
I've ordered a replacement transmitter card for the sensor unit. It includes an aerial socket and aerial, which may be remotely located.
The problem is maybe not bad enough to bother switching the cards - but at least if I have it, I have the option. (about NZ$4).
 #156841  by NeilV
 Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:11 pm
Ok so after a few weeks installed mines working almost flawlessly (once got ‘stuck’ for about 4 hours without updating the screen, even though on USB)l - repowered the display and all fixed)

But...

How do I set the time? The little light blue counter on the bottom seems to be a ‘clock’ but heaven forbid they put a clk menu in the settings :roll:
 #156843  by scubadoo
 Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:28 pm
Not a clock Neil - unless you set it at midnight. I might try that. :TU
It is a timer for counting charge time etc. since a reset - OK > up or down arrow to CLR > OK
Pay with Paymate Express