#156886  by NeilV
 Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:16 pm
:lol: might just do the midnight thing... else it seems to be a pointless extra on the display :lol:
 #156888  by scubadoo
 Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 pm
I just set mine. It will be interesting to see the accuracy over time.
 #157129  by Mark
 Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:39 am
scubadoo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:24 pm
And this manual - Link
Comprehensive setup -Youtube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS3-JmyT-pY

Channel and address adjustments should be made with the USB cable connected between the sender and head unit.
The problem I had was the wireless comms dropping out - to the extent that it was annoying.
Following some links and sub-links from the above I came across a link to a more powerful transmitter PCB with an aerial socket for these units. Great! Ordered one from eBay - less than NZ$4.

Have just spent the morning on this job only to find that my unit is subtly different to the ones covered in the links. I think mine is a VAT1200 while the ones in the link are VAT4300.
The crux of it is that the xmitter board on mine is soldered in place, rather than being plug-in.
So ....
Re-installed and re-connected everything, the way it was
and ....
It appears to be fixed. :D Just watched it for 5 minutes and not a flicker - normally it would have dropped the connection multiple times.

So I'm happy.

If anyone wants a beefed up transmitter board for a VAT 4300, contact me (free to a good home).
 #157138  by NeilV
 Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:36 pm
Mark wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:43 pm
Board has been claimed :-)
Please link the ‘upgraded’ version for future ref?
 #157349  by NeilV
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:31 pm
Ok my Juntek has been working wonderfully until today, but now fails to do its main job tracking SoC?

Went down to 61%SoC this morning as it didn’t quite reach 100% in the rain the day before, and since it was rainy/overcast and I had an hour drive to Blenheim anyway I linked the alternator/cranking bats after starting the bus and happily saw 48A going in once I pulled off and the revs picked up... problem started when SOC his 65% and didn’t move, even half an hour later. The amps were still tracking 35-45A going in at 27.2V so I just left it and got on with driving that rubbish road... After roughly 45-50 mins the SoC was still 65% and the amps had dropped to 10A going in, so I disconnected the alternator link and left the solar to top it off as the sun made a brief mid afternoon appearance.

When the solar stopped charging at its set 26.6V the meter STILL said 65%, so I power cycled the monitor screen, and when it came back as 65%, I reset it to 100% and though it would pick up and balance out again. Unfortunately by 9pm it was still saying 100% (26.4v now) and I knew it was more like 90% so reset it to this again. Volts and amp use still show correctly, but 2 hours later it’s still showing 90% SoC, so something is definitely gone kooky.
Is there a way to reset the main sensor completely?
Has anyone else come across this issue?

Any thoughts?
 #157390  by NeilV
 Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:24 pm
Still not tracking SOC and says 100% (or whatever else I input) consistently without account for any charge/discharge.

Any ideas at all of what I could try to resolve this would be helpful?
Pay with Paymate Express