#157392  by scubadoo
 Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Neil
I am not familiar enough with the inner workings to be of much help but this from the manual may be of use?

"3.3.6、SET power on default settings, time delay relay level, off-screen time. After entering the SET
function setting page, press "OK" button will cycle back and forth between the four functions, which can be changed by the state of each function up and down keys. When the red cursor to the SET position, the press the OK button you can restore the factory
settings.
"

I have observed in the past that some commands are best sent directly via the USB connector rather than the wireless method.
 #157394  by NeilV
 Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:35 pm
Thanks, that’s where I have been to try reset it too.

Will try agin via a USB connection and see how it goes...

Luckily we have heaps of sun now, and the batteries ‘just work’ regardless :P
 #157419  by NeilV
 Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:46 am
Thanks Scoobadoo!

It seems to have worked :TU
 #158639  by LORNOZ
 Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:26 am
G’day, Hoping the learned people on this forum can assist a slightly confused Aussie with a couple of queries about the Juntek 4300? I have bought a unit and have read all I can on here and other forums etc. I still have a couple of questions. 1/ The shunt connection bolts, how have you held the bolt head whilst tightening the nut? Seems to me to be a very poor design, surely there is a way to have the head captive? 2/ The wiring diagrams only show the earth connection to earth via the small wire from the terminal block, surely the circuit needs a substantial earth to work correctly? Am I correct in presuming that the earth cable goes to a proper earth point from the source battery and the earths shown for the shunt etc are only from the “load”? 3/ I have 2 x 100 a/hr LiFePo4 batteries in series, only running a 40lt Engel, charged by Redarc 25 amp BC-DC, to measure the SOC and also discharge Amps, I presume I wire the circuit with the Earth from the batteries thru the shunt to earth from the fridge? 4/ Is the diagram below correct? Thanks in advance for any answers, corrections and comments.
Attachments
4300 wiring.png
 #158640  by Neddy
 Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:55 am
1. How have you held the bolt head whilst tightening the nut?
With a spot of Superglue under the bolt head.

2/ The wiring diagrams only show the earth connection to earth via the small wire from the terminal block, surely the circuit needs a substantial earth to work correctly?
No earth connection is needed for the unit to operate properly.

Am I correct in presuming that the earth cable goes to a proper earth point from the source battery?
No, any Earth cable that is fitted MUST be connected to the "Load" side of the Shunt, NOT directly to the battery Negative. Only the Shunt must be connected to the battery Negative terminal, NOTHING else.

3/ I presume I wire the circuit with the Earth from the batteries thru the shunt to earth from the fridge?
Any Earth should be connected to the "Fridge" side of the Shunt, NOT the battery side of the Shunt as in your diagram. As is, any charge/discharge current flowing through the Earth connection wouldn't go through the Shunt and so would not register on the battery monitor.

4/ Is my diagram correct?
No, but this one is!
Juntek.JPG

Neville.
 #158679  by Neddy
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:39 am
Hi John, that looks good, though I see you include some connections (other than Vin) to the green terminal block. These are there to provide relay-driver functionality - are you wanting to utilise this? Initially at least, I would advise you to keep the installation as simple as possible.

Neville.
Pay with Paymate Express