#1356  by Nath
 Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 pm
I've been using the Alphatron PV Laminates, which are self-adhesive, easy to install and you can run them in series along with the Morningstar controller.

I've installed about 20 of these units, they get put on in pairs and give the same wattage as a rigid 85 watt panel.

Nathan.
 #1432  by WoodyZ
 Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 am
I have yet to decide what to install, leaning towards a couple of 85 watts which should fit easily on the roof. If I have the actual space needed, I may upgrade my thoughts to three, or two 120's depending on what works.
Nath wrote:I've been using the Alphatron PV Laminates,
I have not been able to find details of these Nathan, obviously looking in the wrong place :( , a link would be helpful if you are able.
 #1435  by WoodyZ
 Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:09 pm
Thanks for that,

I had done that before and didn't get any useful info at all, and I copied and pasted too, Google must have been having an off day. :evil:
 #1437  by WoodyZ
 Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:48 pm
Thanks,

From there I found the Alphatron site and they don't even list the laminates. I did find some detail on another site, pricing info would be helpful. Food for thought though.
 #1456  by RaymonD
 Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:50 am
Blue Yonder wrote: with solar if you use ie 80 watt pannel and you want to upgrade ur system with another pannel you can only use another 80 watt you cant add say 120 watt
Er Um and why not ????

#1492  by RaymonD
 Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:55 pm
deleted
Last edited by RaymonD on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #1493  by WoodyZ
 Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:12 pm
I collected more information today and have decided to stick with framed panels, got to have a measure up again, but will probably go with 2 X 120watts if they fit where I want them to, if not I should be able to fit on 3 X 85watts even if I only install two initially.
 #1497  by WoodyZ
 Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:26 pm
I was given this information today "if they are wired in parallel together on the roof and then wired to the controller, one that has less output will effect the other panel"

I knew that shading even one cell had a detrimental effect on the whole panel but had not realized that one panel could affect the output of another one. I am guessing that total output of the two would still exceed the output from one only so the passing thought I had of being able to switch one out would not be a brilliant idea.
Pay with Paymate Express