Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #150640  by Nut17
 Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:37 pm
I have just encountered another snag that Noel Leeming seemed to think I could not get around. How to reliably provide a sound source without any delay to the bluetooth speaker I intend to use.
The Dish decoder / recorder has Bluetooth – v4.2, so I am hoping this will be compatible with my speaker. This is something I can at least test prior to purchasing the monitor :-T
From reading the specification of your set up Neville, it would appear that you are using bluetooth to deliver your sound. :?:
 #150819  by scubadoo
 Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:22 pm
Sorry for the delay in replying Chris. Most of these wonderful far north DOC camps lack cell coverage. Now back at Rawara with some Netspeed service.

Some Bluetooth receivers without APTx or other suitable codecs inbuilt can have obvious audio latency (lag).
My $100 Warehouse Sony Bluetooth speaker has no noticable delay on playback from the TV via my TV box.
The DishTV satellite receiver has audio output that plugs directly into the aux input of the Sony speaker or rear car stereo setup.

I have one of these HDMI automatic and remote controlled switches with audio out extraction via a 3.5mm stereo socket awaiting delivery from Churchurch to a suitable Post Office when we finally get back to Kaitaia.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FSU-UHD ... 34648.html

It will hopefully cover all our multiple HDMI connections and audio requirements without relying on Bluetooth.
 #150830  by Nut17
 Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 pm
Ahhh Thanks Neville. That looks like it may well solve my issue. Maybe I should have stuck with the previous model Dish Satellite decoder ? The new one definitely does not have any audio out socket.

Another $30 off to China via Aliexpress ;)
 #150831  by petercw
 Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:43 pm
"The DishTV satellite receiver has audio output that plugs directly into the aux input of the Sony speaker or rear car stereo setup."

If you are plugging into the receiver direct to the speakers then there's no delay as it's not wireless Bluetooth.
Bluetooth wireless generally has a delay that throws the audio off when watching the picture.
Neddy had headphones that got around that problem but wireless speakers using Bluetooth all seem to have the delay in my experience.
 #151286  by Nut17
 Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 pm
This new TV on Trademe has put me in a quandary. :? https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/carava ... b7aadd-004

I have purchased the HDMI splitter from Aliexpress and will cobble together my Dish "Superbox" decoder/recorder and blue tooth sound bar using the newly acquired splitter and cables. Another small annoyance is that the splitter requires a 5 volt power source and is supplied with a mains adapter and 3.5 mm barrel plug. So have just ordered a couple of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-A-t ... st=ae803_4 (one as a back up !!)
The new van is not due here until around June 20th so plenty of time to get it all sorted. In the meantime the Samsung 27" monitor has jumped up to $360 :o :shock: but suspect there will be a saving through the NZMCA discount scheme :-T
 #151287  by myles
 Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 pm
Perhaps more (or maybe less) of a quandary if you buy direct for $159! (If only they include 2 HDMI inputs on the TV :cry: )
 #151288  by scubadoo
 Sat May 11, 2019 12:14 am
Chris
If you are happy with 24" and 1366 x 768 resolution the linked TV will be fine.
I chose the 27" 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor solution after living with the lower specs of my Akai branded TV for 3 years.
For most satellite transmissions you will not notice the difference but for Terrestrial TV, Netflix, movie watching etc. it is no contest.
Have you received the splitter already?
I have yet to try the new HDMI splitter with audio out from AliExpress still awaiting delivery from Christchurch but with the other 2 HDMI splitters here in use both operate self powered perfectly without the need to supply 5V via the inbuilt sockets.
 #151289  by Nut17
 Sat May 11, 2019 12:55 am
Yes Neville, my splitter arrived on Wednesday. Quickest delivery yet from Aliexpress. :TU Ordered on April 27th and arrived on May 9th - Freight Free !! :o It has a UK plug on the 5 volt adapter, so will wait until the USB adapter cable arrives before I attempt any testing.
99% of our TV viewing will be recorded content from the hard drive on the Dish decoder via satellite, so the increased resolution may not provide much of an advantage. The other problem is that the wall where the TV will be mounted is only 500 mm wide and the Samsung 27" screen is 620 mm wide. This will be partly compensated by the screen being angled but will still protrude about 70 mm beyond the wall into the van. We will have to wait until the van gets here before making any concrete decisions.
Pay with Paymate Express