Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #155861  by Neil Armitage
 Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:28 pm
I have recently bought a Tribute T-625 fitted with a RSE tv. I have a portable hard drive with a library of movies on it that I want to take with me. They have been downloaded with an iMac but are of many different formats from MP4, AVI etc. I have plugged this drive into the USB port, navigated to the USB input where I had the choices of Pictures, Music, Movies, Text. I selected movies which took me to a sub-menus and couldn't find any of the movies at all. Is there something I'm missing? Are the RSE Tv's only able to read windows based content? or is there something further I need to do? Thanks for any input,
Cheers
Neil
 #155862  by cherokee94nz
 Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:14 pm
Have a look for the hard drive they are stored on. Should show as separate drive.
 #155864  by scubadoo
 Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:24 pm
Many RV TV USB ports will only read drives formatted to the FAT32 standard while most USB powered hard drives are formatted to NTFS when purchased. Is your hard drive iMac formatted? Expect APFS, HFS+ and exFAT to be unreadable.

Many TVs will not find movies stored in separate folders and will only read movies encoded to a very limited range of formats. .avi and .mp4 are usually the most compatible. I doubt any TV would read many non standard encoded movie formats or containers.
Your easy practical options include:
Copy some movies from your hard drive to a USB thumbdrive, usually FAT32 formatted from new and try them.
Format an empty portable USB powered hard drive (assuming the USB port can supply sufficient current and can read large drives) to FAT32 and copy your movies to that drive.
 #155865  by Paul
 Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Hi, I think most have a limit on the size of the file ,2 hour run time, not sure of Gbyte size.Paul
 #156023  by Magz
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm
It could be that your tv will only recognize a certain size hard drive. Our old tv would read a 500 gig HD but not a 1 tb hard drive.
 #156034  by kiwipete
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Hi, we had a similar issue with a TV in a motorhome at work last week, turns out there is a USB socket on each side of this TV and only one will read memory sticks/hard drives?
Could this be your issue?
 #156035  by petercw
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:08 pm
USB.. In tv.. usually Only one side works and most won't read over 32gb
Pay with Paymate Express