Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #157295  by DarrenM
 Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:54 am
Mine was $12 from aliexpress a few years back after a discussion with other witnesses at a fairly large accident left me thinking if only could show you what actually happened to the truck right in front of me...
Don't recall the memory card size but good for about 18 or so, 10 minute videos before overwriting the first clips
Impact sensor, though adjustable, is a little too keen resulting in lots of locked videos that don't get overridden, I turned that off
Has a built in battery to record parking "events" good for maybe 15 minutes max, turned that off (the next one up had quite a cool feature that stored a picture of where you were parked on your phone as you turned the car off)
Rear screen cant be turned off so whenever it is on it lights up, stuck it behind my mirror so it doesn't annoy me
Can read number plates in excellent conditions only, but don't really care about that, I'm just looking for a reminder of what happened, not collect their DNA
Files are avi, easily read either by plugging it into something or whipping out the card
Have caught some interesting stuff, hundreds of people struggling to keep their too big for them SUV in their lane, the odd woah what the heck are you doing on my side, some impressive weather, far too many unbelievably slow motorhomes who can suddenly go flat out given a passing lane, even a couple trees falling on the road in front of me
Without fail, every single "event" worth reviewing was accompanied with a superbly rendered voice track of inappropriate, yet appropriate for the situation, very colourful language

Overall I'm still pretty happy with it, hardly high quality but fantastic value and super reliable
If I was looking to upgrade I would want it to see in front and behind and inside the vehicle, probably store everything on a decent sized hard drive. That will have to wait till I say, man I wish I could show you what happened there
Pay with Paymate Express