Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #41343  by Andycap
 Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
CB`s, that brings back memories,used to have one of those back in my hot rodding days in the UK (mid 70`s).Highly illegal then, we had to spray the centre black transmitter/receiver part of the aeriel silver so it blended in, so the cops couldn`t see it ! Can`t remember the frequency we used but i know you used to pick up a lot of `extra` stuff that you shouldn`t . 10.4 good buddy ,robin hood out .lol.
 #41357  by razor
 Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 pm
video9 ceelphones) kill the radio star(cb) :lol: :lol: :lol:
see the resembalence
bring back CB its free
 #41371  by raydwil
 Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 pm
Hi all

I have a GME TX 2700 also But you have be travelling in a convoy, safari group and plan to use the radio within a range of 5 miles plus / minus or line of sight to be of any use and works well passing traffic and and other general infomation.

Cheere Ray
 #44098  by BrownBear
 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 pm
I have a GME TX830N, Transmits on26MHz. Hardly ever use it, maybe I should turn it on.
 #44100  by Rovers
 Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm
Steve, DN312 and ZL4LDS here, long time no see or hear. See Bob occasionaly and Hilda even less even though we live about 200m from them as the crow flies. Not sure what the norm is on comms, certainly UHF aerials are appearing a lot on motorhomes but I suspect the 26mhz aerials outnumber the others manyfold. Dont run a motorhome here, a Pommie caravan instead but have aerials all over the towing vehicle and once I retire (38 days 55mins) I may find time to set up the vehicle with a bit more gear in :D Next time you are down visiting the olds give us a shout.
Regards
Linz
 #44577  by malcybabe
 Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Re CB radio I have one it my bus was there when I bought it Have had on many times however have never heard a sound out of it reluctant to remove as will end up with a hole in the dash
I had it tested and is working bought a new aerial still mute is there a way to set them up for sound Malcolm
 #44597  by Zukiwi
 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:25 pm
In the absence of having someone else with a CB give you a test call, try turning the squelch control down until a static sound is heard, then turn it up until the sound just cuts out. You should be good to receive then. But there isn't often a lot of traffic on CB, suggest you keep it on channel 11, the truckie's channel when driving about and you should eventually hear someone calling. If you see trucks with CB aerials (most linehaul and loggers have them) call up and ask for a test call.

Cheers
John
Pay with Paymate Express