Discussions about the map based resource.
 #1442  by Mark
 Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Have made a start on this.

It would be really great if you could check for me the locations of the Truck Stops that I have marked in your area.
Many of them are not precisely located, being only on the correct road - but not the correct position on that road.
 #1443  by WoodyZ
 Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm
I don't know how far your work on this has gone Mark, but there is a Shell truck stop behind the Shell service station on State highway 2 at Papamoa. There is also a Caltex truck stop on the Western entrance (or exit depending on which way you are going) to Te Puke.
 #1444  by Mark
 Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:23 pm
Thanks for that Neil. Haven't quite got to those ones yet (but they're not far away) the brain can only take so much of that at a time.

I'm more interested, right now, in getting improved location data on many of the ones that I have already put in place.

I hope people realise that they can zoom right in to any area of the map to see precisely where each point is located.
 #1459  by BGB (Her)
 Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 am
I'll check the Chapel St Masterton site next time I go to town.

BTW, the dump site in Martinborough needs to be moved. Get the map onto hybrid first. If you go on the map to the intersection of Princess and Dublin Street, and zoom in, you will see a 2 blue rectangles (swimming pools) adjacent to one another on the right hand side of Dublin Street. At the top of the swimming pools, you can see a couple of buildings and some trees, (camp ground). The dump site is situated just a whisker beyond the white "D" in Dublin street, on the opposite side of the road to the camp ground. You can just see the dump site if you zoom right in as a wee rectangle beside the road.

Done MH
 #1460  by BGB (Her)
 Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 am
Re the dump site on River Road in the Hutt Valley. You are probably looking for the one at Harcourt Park Motor camp. Go to hybrid again on the map and motor up River Road, past Riverstone Terraces, and Totora Park until it turns into Fergusson Drive. Keep going north-east until Akatarawa Road branches off Fergusson Drive. Now zoom in. Go a little bit along Akatarawa road and to the left of the name "Akatarawa" you will see a rectangular parking area. Immediately north of that is a small line of trees that marks the entrance to the motor camp. If you zoom right in, you can see some buildings among the trees and that is the camp. (It doesn't have a lot of open areas, so looks more like a park than a camp.) The dump station is in the camp.

OK I've added this one - The other one is apparently a public dump station but I'm not sure how accurate it s position is. MH
 #1461  by BGB (Her)
 Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am
Re Carterton dump site on Dalefield Road. Go to hybrid again. You will see three dark areas called Pond, on the left hand side of Dalefield road. The dump site is right where the "R" of Road is, on the left hand side. There is potable water available here too, a few metres away from the dump.

Done MH
 #1468  by Mark
 Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:31 pm
Thanks for that info BGB. I'll have a look at adjusting those next time I'm GeoKiwi'ing.
 #1693  by WoodyZ
 Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:10 am
Hi Mark, good job.

The Papamoa Shell Truck stop is a little further south. It is about 100 metres north of Welcome Bay Road and on the same side of the road. You can see the complex on the satelite map.

Done MH
Pay with Paymate Express