Discussions about the map based resource.
 #29439  by idex
 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 pm
LPG fill stations might be handy now that such a lot of service (???) stations have stopped filling bottles. There are plenty of bottle swap places around but if you want to keep your own bottle and don't want to pay such a high price then it's a lot harder to find something suitable.

For example, in Hamilton last week I checked around: One Mobil station only did 9kg fills for $25 on Sundays and Tuesdays in September, another did them for the same price only on Mondays and Thursdays, a Challenge station did them only on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Any other time they would cost around $30. I finally filled up at the NovaGas agent in Te Rapa for $26; their anytime, everyday price! Anyone passing through Hamilton and looking for an economical fill would find it real handy to know where such outlets are.

We downloaded a POI file of LPG (GPL) suppliers in France a couple of years back and found it extremely handy when we wanted to fill up.
 #29646  by Mark
 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 am
Can anybody point me to somewhere I can find locations for LPG fill sites?
 #29657  by Mark
 Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:04 pm
Certainly is a good start, Tonada, thanks.
Can't believe these outfits don't realise how much providing POI's would help people find their ways to their businesses.

Maybe that's an opening for someone with a little bit of technical nouse (and time): compile and sell these people POI files so that can release them to the GPS-using public.

Do I hear anyone volunteering to convert those addresses to GPS co-ordinates - which GeoKiwi needs :?: :)
Pay with Paymate Express