Discussions about the map based resource.
 #1692  by Anne Barrett
 Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 am
Laundrettes would be handy - so would transfer stations/recycling depots.
Cheers
Anne
 #1699  by Sightseer
 Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:35 pm
Great truck stops, Mark.
I would love to see recycling depots.
Laundrettes - no thankyou - Lemair washing machines are the way to go! :D
Another good one could be fresh water outlets :?:

Keep up the good work, Mark, it really is appreciated.
Cheers, Margaret
 #1701  by Mark
 Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:56 pm
So, In terms of high priority....am I correct that no-one sees much merit in adding
Mobil or BP truck-stops?
Other service stations?
DOC camp sites?
recreational activities?
Tourism i-sites?
LPG fill stations?

But you do see merit in:
Recycling stations.
Toilets
Launderettes
Potable water sources.

Is that correct?
 #1704  by RaymonD
 Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:28 pm
I think that covers it Mark, the LPG fill would be good to include as most of us use gas and I have never seen it for sale at a Truck Stop. Of course we all have our favourite 'Pie' shop. :D
 #1706  by BGB (Her)
 Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:45 pm
I guess two factors come into this; the number of wee icons that GeoKiwi can contain without going bananas and the amount of time that Mark is willing to put in. I for one, wouldn't want to see our forum Captain having a case of the hissies because he feels we are expecting too much of his time. :cry:
 #1749  by Lladnek
 Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:54 am
Mark, I see you have listed LPG outlets but what about where you go to have your gas bottle tested? I'm a bit ignorant about these things but my husband tells me you take your bottle to a different place. :)
 #1750  by Mark
 Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:31 am
BGB: I think that we are still a long way away from the number of points being an issue (but I don't know that).
I think the important thing will be for people to zoom into their area of interest before revealing the POI's. Intuitively that will use less bandwidth.
I hope I don't have a hissie fit - I hope I just quietly ignore requests that I think are unreasonable 8-)

Lladnek: Given that people have to fill their bottles every few weeks but only have to get their bottles tested every few years the testing facilities will probably not make it onto GeoKiwi. But if you get to an LPG outlet, then I'm sure they will be able to give directions to a testing facility. :)
 #29418  by prowlerlynx
 Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:43 pm
Gidday

Recyle stations would be of help , just attended the covi show and at the freedom camping seminar that was the hottest topic ........ getting rid of your rubbish whilst seeing the country .

Thanks Geoff
Kos-Wee-Kan
Pay with Paymate Express