Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #86615  by deigh1
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:01 am
I've had nothing to say on this forum for a while, but since I'm still in the land of the living I thought I'd better explain. Just over a month ago I had a stroke and now am hell bent on recovery. I am not allowed to drive so this is why I havn't been seen anywhere! Getting control of my fingers has been number one priority. The right hand was quite dead but now I can play almost recognisable tunes on the keyboard. The guitar has me beat though but am working hard to improvise pick holding gadgets.

I can cope quite well with typing, not quite back to touch typing, I have to watch the right fingers in case they miss the intended key! But this is the nearest I have to a voice so will be catching up with what is happening on this forum. May Allah be praised for inventing the computer.
Deigh
 #86616  by WoodyZ
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 am
Best wishes Deigh, hope your recovery continues.
 #86617  by MG366
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 am
Sunny side up Deigh - at least you have a positive approach and that will help you thru and back on the road. Best wishes for a rapid recovery.

Grant
 #86620  by Roamnz
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 am
We wish you a speedy recovery Mr Music Man Deigh. ;)
 #86622  by OUR WKNDR
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 am
Hi,
Keep at it, Jean had her stroke 18 months ago, still regaining little more each day... now back playing golf, driving and at work full time, so stay positive and don't let the frustration get to you...it will get better with retraining of the circuits up top. She still has little control of her left thumb and forefinger, but manages with others.. however each week she finds that they move a bit more, so here's hoping.
Great to hear you are also on the mend, and good luck.
Tony and Jean
 #86635  by idex
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:27 pm
Hi Deigh,

That explains why you slipped off the radar. Our best wishes for a speedy return to normality, or at least something close to it.

I am sure that if you want to get out and about a bit more there are forum members who would be happy to drive your bus for you from stopover to stopover whenever you desire. Just post something on here and try it sometime, especially while the weather's still good.
 #86639  by Rosemary&Peter
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:59 pm
"But this is the nearest I have to a voice "

Rotten bad luck Deigh, and Peter and I wish you strength in your rehabilitation.

Can I take it that your speech has been impacted?

Here's a link to National Radio, who have aired a number of programmes on music being used as therapy after brain injury.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/search/results ... apy+stroke

Rosemary.
 #86645  by Mark
 Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:52 pm
Hi Deigh

Thanks for bringing us all up to date. What a bummer, but good that you have got back to a stage where you have recovered this voice at least. It's early days and I hope that you will continue to improve. Great that you can express your self both musically and with language through your keyboards.

Wish you well. :)
Pay with Paymate Express