Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #102143  by Neddy
 Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:48 am
The trouble with magnetic catches (and many other types) is that anything heavy inside the cupboard falling against the door will burst the door open. Catches with a positive latching action are what is required.

There is a very elegant, high-tech solution to this problem. Electric latches can be fitted, and with the flick of a single switch ALL drawers, cupboards and doors are securely latched.
This control is usually linked to the ignition so that the operation of the locks is completely automatic.

No, I don't have such a system on our bus!

Neville.
 #102147  by NeilV
 Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:27 pm
Electric catches sound perfect (and expensive! :-T )

I have magnetic on the cupboard doors, but have found the drawers to be more weighty, so will try an experimental set and see how I go, as I currently have to either block them with a box, or slip a thin plank down the handles and bungy it to a cup hook (very inelegant but works at a pinch)
 #102179  by Gingernutty
 Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:52 pm
We are not overly enamoured with the push-button latches; we have replaced quite a few in the couple of years we have owned our bus. The important part of the mechanism is a flimsy plastic part that seems to break quite readily.
 #102191  by Alec
 Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 pm
In our motorhome we only have the cuttlery draw that is a slider, to stop it from sliding out, the manufacturers have recessed 3mm slots into the bottom of the runners in the closed position.When the draw is closed it drops down into this slot, to open draw, lift and pull out, never had a problem
Pay with Paymate Express