#128711  by RaymonD
 Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:35 pm
At the Pack-House where the Wife works, an overseas seasonal worker had a car with a CSC sticker on it, unfortunately for him it was seen by a number of NZMCA members, one of whom was a SC officer, when asked where did he get it issued he refused to divulge, it was suggested that if the Authorities found out about it, it may cost him. Some time later in time it was removed.
 #128712  by Robbie brown
 Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm
The way i see it not to much will change unless we have some body that will police eg. councils. They dont seem to understand what a SCC is. One such person i was talking to said that he just looked for the blue sticker.Prehaps NZMCA should change the colour of stickers every 4 years
 #128722  by beanpole
 Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 am
You are quite right with the policing by councils. The standard is only a standard, applying to a vehicle, nothing else. Every thing else is in control of the user who may commit an offence under varying laws, bylaws etc.

"The standard is intended to provide for the containment of solid waste, toilet waste and grey waste water, resulting from the approved number of occupants' daily activities, and to supply their minimum fresh water needs for at least 3 days.

It is not a NZMCA standard and there are no offences within it.

As the standard requires a specific layout for the design and colour of the warrant, certificate and sticker, this will not change.

 #130707  by bigdave
 Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:30 pm
are there any how big how small a van or camper has to be....to get self contained .regards size like dimentions :ugeek:
 #130713  by Zukiwi
 Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:26 pm
Nope. If it complies, why should there be?

 #130714  by bigdave
 Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:11 pm
What I am getting at is....I am thinking of buying a van or car or small truck to convert into a self contained camper .the rules have changed so what type of car or van or truck should I buy ...I don't want to buy something make it in to a camper and it is to small to get a a self containment certificate.
 #130741  by Derb
 Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:42 pm
As long as you buy something big enough to host both a toilet and bed with both being able to be used without opening a vehicle door........................ :lol:
 #132461  by bigdave
 Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:58 pm
what about these roof top campers...and put the porta potty .in the van or back of the 4 wheel drive. ..that would get a self containment cert ....as the beds make up on the roof in the tent.....or would they say no..cant see why. they would.. have a portible sink and grey water container in the roof top tent......the rules are now you have to be able to use the toilet with bed made up... easy
Last edited by bigdave on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pay with Paymate Express