#123458  by Mark
 Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 am
As Don posted
In summary, your vehicle has its axle layout, for which there is a max Class 1 loading. In the original post example the max Class 1 load is 6000 + 8200 kg = 14 200 kg
If you have a motorhome, your axle and tyre layout is most likely the same.
So, for the example given, your maximum allowable weights that would allow you to pass over this bridge (at a maximum of 20% class I) are
front axle 20% of 6000 = 1200kg
Rear (twin) axle 20% of 8200 = 1640kg
If your front axle is more than 1200kg OR your rear axle is more than 1640kg - don't cross.

What I've done is work it out once for my vehicle and recorded it in my logbook (where I can find it readily). It tells me that I can cross any bridge where the limit is 33% or more of Class I loading or down to 2350kg per axle.
 #123474  by Mick
 Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 pm
thanks Dan & Mark, just read factsheet 13 which actually explains it also very well.
Me too...every CoF I note down my axle weights in "Keep" of my phone. Immediately available any time ;)

Good to know now where I was when crossing that bridge towards Cobb Valley last year, didn't understand the sign and forgot about those details after sitting the driving license...780kg over limit...quite a lot, not good.

Once more - thanks a lot for that wonderful forum.

Cheers,
Mick
 #123475  by petercw
 Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:01 pm
The problem with the cof is your not loaded up so it would be better to go to the rubbish tip loaded and get your weights maybe.. a lesson for us all.
 #123481  by Mick
 Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:16 pm
my weight is always real as I'm living in the bus moving to CoF as it is. Doesn't matter if fresh water is full and waste water is empty or vice versa, it is a closed system (+/-20 liters consumed not ending back in the grey tank), nothing to trick, nothing to hide, just realizing slightly growing weight since the little cracker oven and increasing wood stock :)
Pay with Paymate Express