#63201  by fiddlestiks
 Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:00 pm
Today I brought a bike rack off a gentleman that kindly dropped it off at my house, while he was here he mentioned that he had brought a new motorhome 12 months ago which was 8 m long and did not need a hubo, now according to the legislation if the vehicles glw is under 3500kgs then it does not need a Hubodometer, does anyone know if this is true and what the GLW of a mazda t3500 would be?
 #63216  by razor
 Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:18 pm
a weighbridge will give you a difinitive answer THEN IF IT IS A DIESEL you will require RUC ( no escape)
as diesel vehicals under 3500 kg need to pay road user charges per speedo readings (thats to say you cant cheet)
 #63218  by shuttleman47
 Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:29 pm
If the manufacturers GVM is more than 3500kg then you are subject to COF and must have a hubometer. The actual weight of the vehicle is not taken to account even if less than 3500kg
 #63219  by vansvilla
 Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 am
Not forgetting of course that RUC is paid according to the GVM of the vehicle.
 #63248  by Zukiwi
 Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:40 pm
fiddlestiks wrote:what the GLW of a mazda t3500 would be?
The GVM (the weight that matters for RUC and hubmeters) is on your loading certificate. I had a 1989 Ford Trader 0410 (essentially a re-badged Mazda T3500) and its GVM was 4475kg, so definitely requires a hubmeter.

 #63257  by fiddlestiks
 Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:09 pm
Thank you I thought so, just couldn't figure out how he could have gotten away without having a hubo, but definately think we need one.
 #63269  by WoodyZ
 Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 am
I assume he must be running on a WoF, or does he not bother with those minor details either.
If he should have CoF and hubo, WoF inspectors should pick that up. If he has CoF, they would put him right. If he doesn't bother with either, I would like to know where he is driving at any point so I could steer clear.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
Pay with Paymate Express