#113148  by mattn
 Wed May 25, 2016 9:39 am
Standards are copyright material, you won't legally get your own copy without paying. You can usually get access to a copy though public libraries.
 #113297  by markcraven
 Sun May 29, 2016 3:26 pm
What would you like to know to help with your design?
 #127469  by Kerrin
 Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 pm
taffy wrote:Please be aware that unlike your home you are not allowed to carry out any Prescribed Electrical Work in a motorhome/caravan/boat/whatever, even if it's yours unless you are supervised at all times, (if unlicensed). If you are licensed and do not hold a current Practicing license then the same applies. If you do hold a current PL then no worries.

Should you choose to do such work illegally then you are liable to a fine of up $50,000 (currently averaging out around $5-7,000) and you also put any future inspector (for EWoF) in a difficult position as he is legally bound to report any installation not covered by a CoC
So who do we get to reinstall our wiring if I have done a full reline and reclad of my caravan in Auckland? Thanks in advance for any advice
 #127499  by markcraven
 Thu May 11, 2017 5:09 am
A person who is licensed and registered to do PEW (prescribed electrical work) e.g. electrician, electrical engineer or inspector. They should have an ID card and you check their status on the EWRB website. Some people are registered but do not hold a license. If it is a complete rewire incuding new board and inlet plug etc then the person doing this can issue the first WoEF if not you will need an Inspector. Hope this helps.
 #128901  by Kerrin
 Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:56 pm
Can u recommend any one or place I can get electrical advice for my chevron 1500 caravan I'm rebuilding around east Auckland. And help with my reinstallation of wiring after rebuild. Hopefully someone who can come to visit it at home and steer me in right direction and with wots needed.
Thanks to any help advance
Pay with Paymate Express