Anything from hang-gliding to macrame (including fishing)
 #160786  by Nut17
 Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:59 pm
Our son Ben - Gadget on this forum has inherited the Nuttall "petrolhead" gene and apart from the Mk 4 Supra currently having a re-power with a Supercharged Lexus V8 to end up as a Targa toy!! He has just got up and running this great gadget!!
It is a race car simulator on steroids !! He may well post a few more details, but the screen is our recently replaced full HD 55" Samsung TV supported by a grunty computer running the very same race simulator software that the Aussie V8 Super Car guys are using to race under Covid - 19. I have had one go and suffered badly from motion sickness after about 5 laps (with many crashes!!) on Mount Panorama - Bathurst. It is definitely a very technical circuit that would take 100's of laps to get any sort of reasonable lap time. It has steering with lots of feel an kicks back on the kerbs and an extremely realistic sound track. Could be a great time waster if I could conquer my motion sickness. :-T ;)
Attachments
IMG_5246.JPG
 #161454  by Zukiwi
 Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:48 pm
Chris that would be great to see. I drove around Mt Panorama once - in a Mazda 121 :lol: :lol:

Cheers
John
 #161455  by Nut17
 Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Yes Ben and I did a lap at Mt Panorama just prior to The Great Race in 2006 - At 11.30 PM in the knackered old bus that took six hours to get us from Sydney Airport to Bathurst. Out lap time was under an hour - Just ;) :D Great father and son weekend away !!
Our 11 year old grand son Stu is following the Nuttall petrol head gene and putting some pressure on Ben with his lap times. ;) :)
 #161456  by scubadoo
 Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:19 pm
Looks like great fun Chris. :TU

Brings back memories of our speedy Mount Panorama jaunt back in 2003. :-T
2003 11 01 1016-25.jpg
Pay with Paymate Express